Saturday, October 07, 2006

The Cycle

This is the first poem I even wrote. To be honest I am not much of a poetry fan, and looking back now, I am not very impressed with my own poetry, but I thought I would share this one because it was my first. I came up with it entirely in my head while I was tending to animals on our farm when I was about 12. It is pretty lame if you ask me, but perhaps someone else will like it. Well here it is...

The Cycle

It is the superior man that falls the hardest,
At having lost his blood boils with jealousy and rage,
If his superiority discontinues he himself discontinues.

Life in its darkest form,
He falls at the mercy of Life from the clouds so high,
Onto the barren, jagged, untamed rocks of the Earth.

They have seen much of time, life,
They await its end,
Exposed themselves by time, life, they take life away.

Then another pawn takes his place in the majestic clouds.
To continue the rising and falling of power,
The Cycle.

No comments: