Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Book Review: The Shack


The third book I read over the Christmas vacation was The Shack. It was absolutely amazing. Brandi read it first and then spilled coffee on it, but it was great. I started reading it first thing in the morning and was a little hesitant to embrace it. The writing critic in me was coming out and I was complaining about how the book didn't really hook me at first and was slow to develop, but not long into it I was hooked and then didn't stop until I finished which was only later that night. I seriously couldn't put it down. Brandi had the opposite experience where she was hit with concepts that she felt were so heavy she needed time to digest them. It will certainly spark some conversation if you consider the subtle and not-so-subtle implications. In a word it was moving. I highly recommend it!!!

No comments: