Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Thanksgiving Prayer

I composed this nice Thanksgiving prayer, but as I was about to pray, Bob, my grandmother's suiter passed out and gave us all a scare. With him being roused, my mother-in-law was pushing me to pray anyways. Well I completely forgot the prayer that I prepared and just mumbled a few things. Anyways, here it is.

Thank you for bringing us here today,
Thank you for showing us the way.

Thank you for the work we do with our hands,
Thank you for loving family and friends.

Thank you for the children who are models of love,
Thank you for those who watch from above.

Thank you for giving us a choice,
Thank you for ears to hear your soft voice.

Thank you for buying our sins at a cost,
Thank you for finding us when we were lost.

Thank you for being the way, the truth, and the life,
Thank you for when we were blind and you gave us sight.

Thank you for this life, this day, and this food,
We accept it all and offer it all back to you.

No comments: