Thursday, June 24, 2010

Haiku

I decided to practice a few types of poetry and started with haiku because, well, it's easy. 5, 7, 5 syllables. It is supposed to be in present tense and center on natural themes. I created some haiku about random junk, enjoy.

Soccer Haiku:

Ninety Minutes long
Clash of two teams both hoping
Only one will win

Let's go USA
Ninety minutes with no goal
Ninety one shoot score

Philosophical Haiku:

What is in a man?
Love hate war peace fear courage?
Defined by actions

What is good in life?
Gold and silver will tarnish
Family survives

Sun rises and sets
Wind blows leaves fall winter comes
Spring always returns

The Hunter will stalk
the Hunted will hide or flee
Each desire life

Love Haiku:

The Wife of my youth
From the first moment we met
My heart was all yours

My lover my wife
You are the light of my world
The sun and the moon

Always my best friend
I share everything with you
You are all I need

No comments: