Monday, December 11, 2006

Book Review: The Chronicles of Narnia, The Dawn Treader


This Narnia book is also good, but I had some critiques to offer. The thing that bothered me about this one, which Prince Caspian did well, is the manner in which they entered Narnia. I felt that it was a little cheesy myself. I realize that it is a children’s book, yet I wondered where did the children get the painting? Anyways, besides that I felt that Lewis did a great job entertaining the discussion of Heaven in this book. There were a lot of things going on that offered perspectives and insights into the manner in which people think about heaven. In the end I was satisfied with the result and the treatment of the subject. The thing that impresses me about these books is the way Lewis integrates some of the difficult questions about the Christian faith into a narrative story for children no less. This book is well written and I felt that the plot was more interesting in this one than Prince Caspian even though the moving between worlds was weaker.

1 comment:

hoose said...

Thanks for your comment, i'll be sure to keep updating as i read and i'll be interested to hear your comments as well. I'm about halfway through the third book at the moment.