Saturday, December 09, 2006

Book Review: The Chronicles of Narnia, Prince Caspian

This is the forth Narnia book, and another good one. This was the third book I read over the Thanksgiving break. It was good. More specifically, I felt that it brought back the kids in an interesting yet acceptable manner. It was interesting how Lewis dealt with the issue of time between the “real” world, and the Narnia world. In this book he points out that time does not match between the two, which was of course a given based on the ending to the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, but he explains that in fact it is not a set ratio, but rather a non specific amount of time may pass in Narnia while the children are in the real world. Anyways, it was interesting to see how things had gone since the children left Narnia and how people then believed that there was no such person as Aslan etc. My favorite part was when Lucy can see Aslan, yet the other children can not, but eventually after following Lucy (who is following Aslan) they come to see him as well. To me this related to people who are “new” to the Christian faith. They do not see everything very well, and may not “get it,” but if they trust that they are not being led astray, eventually they will see things for themselves. Well, it was a good book, an easy read, enjoyable, and a bit thought provoking. I was trying to think of how I would rank them, and I just don’t think that it would be fair, so I won’t.

No comments: