Thursday, December 07, 2006

In the zone

Lately I have felt really good about myself as a writer. I'm sure it is the same for other people with different professions. No doubt the football player feels good about himself when he knows he is at the top of his game. I suspect the painter knows when she is painting better than ever before. Perhaps the farmer intuitively knows when his crops are doing well. It has been the same for me this last week. As we sometimes say “I have been in the zone.” This is good because I have been writing final papers for my classes this semester among other things. It is just coming naturally to me right now. I think about what I want to write, put my headphones on, listen to Project 86, and then the vision of what I am going to write hits me. It is a wonderful and magical thing. I hope I find the time to take advantage of it while it lasts.

No comments: